***Internet Explorer Does Not Work On BlogSpots, Must Use Google Chrome, Firefox, Another Browser, etc...****

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Rihanna is Getting Her Barkley On: "I Am Not A Role Model!?!?



Rihanna Says White People Want Her To Be A Role Model But That's Not Who She Is
Rihanna wants it known once and for all she isn't trying to be anyone's role model.

The singer tells Vogue UK she sometimes feels pressured to be someone she's not.

"People – especially white people – they want me to be a role model just because of the life I lead," she said. "The things I say in my songs, they expect it of me and it became more of my job than I wanted it to be. But no, I just want to make music. That’s it. That’s not me. That’s a part I play. You know, like it’s a piece of art, with all these toys and textures to play with."

The singer also defended her frequent use of the word c*nt. Compararing it to African American's use of the word "n*gga."

"That word is so offensive to everyone in the world except for Bajans." she revealed. "You know African-Americans use the n-word to their brothers? Well, that’s the way we use the c-word. When I first came here, I was saying it like it was nothing, like, “Hey, cunt”, until my make-up artist finally had to tell me to stop. I just never knew."

Are entertainers held up to too many standards!?!?

2 comments:

  1. Celebrities nor atheletes should be expected to be role models for children, they have no more wisdom,ethics or insight on life than the next person. Parents should be role models for their children,parents should also guide and determine who their children look up to and respect outside of the home. However, if a celeb decides to call himself/herself a role model publicly then they should adhere to certain moral standards and be conscientious of their words and actions when in the public eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with CoCo...if you are handling your business in the home your children will not follow those influences of athletes or entertainers. But on the other hand, as being a person of color in a position that she is in, she should be conscious that children are going to look up to her and follow her.

    ReplyDelete